As you all have hopefully heard by now, we are having a baby girl!!! We are so excited! We feel so blessed and we can't wait to have our little girl in our arms and in our lives. It feels great to know what
gender the baby is. We are both very happy with a girl. We have a few names, but none are decided yet. I feel so happy and excited. There is a little nervousness in there as well, but I trust that Heavenly Father knows what is best and will help me with my efforts.
We felt that with having a baby, living with Vontella was going to be too difficult. So we have moved. It was a miracle finding the place especially because we have been so busy and out of town. Since the last week of June we have been in UT 3 1/2 weeks. CRAZY!
Our story of finding the perfect house for ourselves starts about 2 months ago...it's sorta long but I want to document all the miracles....we were out of town for Chelsey's wedding at the beginning of July. We had two weeks to find a house before Sun Valley but we couldn't find anything we liked or anything that was good. So we went to Sun Valley without finding anything, we were searching and searching even at Sun Valley. Then we had one week before we'd go on vacation for two weeks and I really really wanted to find a place but we had ran into scams, ghetto places and NOTHING was turnng up. I was getting really frustrated and wanted to find a place because school starts on the 27th and we get home from our trips August 21st.
So the miracles really started on that Sunday. Since we had been out of town for a while, we hadn't paid tithing in a couple of months. This meant that we had one of those bank breaking tithing checks that was really hard to write but we knew we would be blessed. Then, on Monday night we decided to start a fast. We had been frustrated and we were wondering if we were really doing the right thing in moving, so we decided to fast to know if we were really supposed to move and if so, where we should move. Literally right before we ended the fast on Tuesday evening, I got a random phone call from an unkown number. The guy asked if we were still looking for a two bedroom apartment and if we would like to come see it on Wednesday. I got home and told Jake that I had gotten a call from someone who I didn't remember calling about a house that I didn't remember seeing or knowing about. We went the next day and neither of us remembered ever seeing the house on KSL or driving by it and seeing a sign. It's a beautiful home on 9th East and Center St. It was built in 1905 and is in great shape and right in our price range. We went in and immediately got the feeling we had been looking for and knew it was the right place. The guy told us that he had just put up the sign the day before...and we definitely didn't see it or call on it. So anyway we were super excited and since he had shown it a couple of times we knew we had to get him a deposit check asap or else we would lose it. Well, I went home to check our account and things were looking pretty grim. Because we had been out of town neither of us had been working and since we had just paid tithing we basically had no money. We were kind of panicking because we were getting ready to leave town again which meant that we didn't have enough time to get to our savings and if we left town without paying a deposit we would have probably lost it. Well, we were driving back home and just before we got home Jake had a thought (a prompting) to ask about our tax return. He asked if I had ever cashed it. Well, I never had because I just had a feeling that we would eventually need it. Long story short, the deposit was 550 and our tax return was 700! So the next morning Jake went to cash the check and pay the deposit and we got the place! It's a big four bedroom house that they are splitting in half so that each side will have two big bedrooms and a kitchen and living room. It even has a nice bay window and a yard and a front porch. We really couldn't ask for more we feel so blessed. The Lord really watches out for us when we keep his commandments. It was also a lesson learned in faith. There are two types of faith. Faith to do, and faith in doing. We had faith to pay our tithing and to fast, but the greater faith is faith in doing. We had faith in tithing and faith in fasting. We knew that if we would do those things The Lord would bless us...and he definitely did.
I am so excited to be in a place for a while. We have moved three times in one year. TOO MUCH! (especially with our hugo furniture that weighs a TON- poor Jake). I truly love the place and am excited to bring our little baby home here. We had so many people helping us move this time it was so nice. Logan, Josh, Bill and Morgan, Taylor, and Brandon and my mom, dad, and the girls even came down and helped us. Thank you to all of them. We honestly couldn't have done any of it without them.
I am still learning how to get pictures from my phone onto here, so hopefully the next blog post will be pics of the summer and of our house! Love y'all!
No comments:
Post a Comment