Beliefs

Friday, September 16, 2011

Here it is folks



Ok, so i have been told on many accounts that I need a blog. Well, here goes. I'm not sure how cute it all is and I have to work some things out I am sure, but I am excited to start blogging. This first post will just be an update of the past month or so because so many things have happened and I'm not sure exactly what I'm doing.

1-OBVIOUSLY the most important and amazing- Jake and I got married on August 17, 2011. It was a perfect day and I couldn't have asked for anything more! It was beautiful. We actually just got our pictures from our photographer yesterday and we spent a good while looking at them. It is so great to have them! To see them go to http://www.katejeppson.com/ and then click on client login. Our password is jakerebecca. Go see how you like them. We love them; Kate did an amazing job and was great to work with!

2- For our honeymoon, Jake and I went on a CRUISE! I had never been on a cruise before but it was great! Our favorite place was when our ship stopped at Cozumel. We took a LDS tour of the Mayan ruins at Tulum. INCREDIBLE. we loved it so much. I'll post some pics from that amazing trip! Thanks Dave and Mary :)



3- We have been trying to get our apartment together. It is crazy how generous people have been to us! We are so grateful for it all, but it sure is a mess to organize! haha. Here is a picture of our back room...




4- Jake started school. It's an adjustment for us but it's great to have him here at home studying when he can. The problem is we don't really have room right now for a desk...you saw the back room. That would be fine if we had a kitchen table for him to study at...we don't. no room. so our table (a card table, mind you) is in our living room. We enjoy it. He hates chemistry as you can see. haha.




5- I just got set all up to sub in the provo and alpine districts! I am actually really excited about it and I hope all goes well. From the sounds of it, they are pretty busy and I could probably sub just about every day. I still commute up to SLC for the HR job 2 days a week but I think it will be a good balance.

6-We went to church for the first time last sunday and we have a great ward. We are excited to get to know these people and help serve.

7- We have made an investment that we are both very happy about. We bought a grill. A propane gas grill. It's great! Jake tested it out the other day and it was a HUGE SUCCESS! We made Barbados Chicken from our new weber grilling book :) (we have so much money at Bed, Bath and Beyond...we are definitely making unnecessary purchases...oh well). Enjoy this picture of the proud griller making his debut. Megan and my cousin Alyssa came over for dinner and they also enjoyed it immensely! So fun!



8-BYU v UofU. This game is always a highlight of the football season. This weekend, Jakes family is coming down to stay with us for it! It will be great to see them and we hope to try out our new grill for them. Hopefully they enjoy it as much as Megan and Alyssa. With JK being a Ute fan and ruining the boys loyalties, it should be an interesting and fun game. I hope we wont be too on top of each other... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment